We're pleased to offer the following services in our New Orleans Veterinary Clinic:
SAF offers a variety of veterinary services. It is our goal to make preventative animal health and medical care available and AFFORDABLE to all pet lovers. Your pet's health and happiness is our #1 priority!
Our clinic offers:
- Routine Annual Exams and Vaccinations…
- Radiology...Digital X-Rays for your pet
- Comprehensive Allergy Testing…
- Heartworm Treatment
- Dental Cleaning and Extractions
- Geriatric Exams and Support
- Arthritis Treatment and Pain Management
- In House Laboratory… many tests are run while you wait
- Spay and neuter procedures
- Soft tissue surgery and limited orthopedic procedures
- Anesthesia Monitoring Equipment.. every pet is hooked up to a pulse oximeter while in surgery
- Behavior Counseling and Treatment & referrals
- Dietary and Nutirtional Support...We carry Science Diet regular and prescription food, as well as some Royal Canin and Purina Rx diets.
- In House Pharmacy
- Grooming (K-9 only, call our groomer Lesa to schedule an appointment - 710-2926)
*Please note: we do not perform any declawing, ear cropping, or tail docking unless it is a medical necessity.
Our appointment book is computerized which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. We are open for scheduled appointments from:
- Monday to Friday: 8am - 6pm
- Saturday: 8am - 2pm (Saturdays usually book 1-2 wks in advance)
We have a veterinarian and personnel on duty 6 days a week who are trained and equipped to handle any urgent care your pet has. Usually an emergency team consists of at least one veterinarian and several technicians working together to save a pet's life. Emergencies can be things such a snail or rat poisoning, hit by car, and chocolate ingestion. If you ever feel that your pet needs emergency treatment do not hesitate to call us immediately. It is best to call before coming in so that a team member can advise you on your particular emergency. **Please be aware that if you are not an established client, you may be referred to another veterinary clinic to handle your emergency/urgent care situation. While our wish is to be able to see every situation possible, we are limited to the number of appointments we can effectively see on a daily basis.
If you are an established client, we are also available for urgent care when the condition is not life-threatening, but you feel your pet needs to be seen before you are able to get an appointment. If you are an established client, our staff will try and work to "squeeze" you in between scheduled appointments. When you arrive, our receptionists will be able to give you an estimate on how long you may have to wait in order to be seen, or you may need to drop-off your pet. **Please be aware that if you are not an established client, you may be referred to another veterinary clinic to handle your emergency/urgent care situation. While our wish is to be able to see every situation possible, we are limited to the number of appointments we can effectively see on a daily basis.
Southern Animal Foundation accepts payment via cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card, American Express or Care Credit. So that we can continue to provide you high quality service utilizing the best medical technologies, we require that payment be made at the time services are rendered. (We do NOT accept checks)
We can provide estimates for all surgeries and hospitalizations. If you have not received an estimate, you are welcome to request one at any time for your expected charges.
Southern Animal Foundation is a full service veterinary clinic, 501(c)(3) non profit, and adoption/rescue agency established in 1995 and located in New Orleans, LA.